*We politely ask that employment agencies/recruiters DO NOT apply and DO NOT contact us about this role*
Start Date: September – November 2021
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
With a bold vision for organising the world’s building information to create safer, more efficient environments, Operance is a turnkey digital construction services and software developer providing innovative solutions for customers in the AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operations) sector.
Following investment, rapid growth and a strong pipeline of work, we are a small, creative, innovative, agile and fast-growing business. With a remote-first philosophy, we have headquarters based at the Centre for Digital Innovation [C4DI], situated in Hull’s tech and social-driven Fruit Market district, but with satellite office space in London and across the UK, enabling us to recruit the country’s best talent.
We help our customers digitise their businesses, estates, projects and building information through our 4-key solutions:
- OPERANCE DX – Digital transformation services to help clients define their digital estates and smart building ambitions before developing and delivering digital initiatives.
- OPERANCE BIM – Delivery of BIM implementation and accreditation, management, coordination, and information management services to curate digital as-planned, as-designed and as-built information.
- OPERANCE O&M – Our innovative web-application and document control resource to coordinate and audit O&M asset management and ‘golden thread’ building safety and fire safety information.
- OPERANCE FM – Our easy-to-use mobile-app enabling owners, operators, and occupiers to search, share, edit, update and utilise digital building information to operate facilities and maintain building information.
The Account Executive (AE) supports and grows existing client accounts and establishes new accounts.
Their objective is to accelerate our software and services sales cycle and grow our account base by solely focusing on hosting sales appointments and demos, converting sales qualified leads (SQLs) into new customer accounts and nurturing and developing existing customer accounts.
Their goal is to create new customer accounts to generate new revenue and identify gaps and growth potential within existing accounts to increase existing revenue streams.
Focussing on B2B sales and educating and guiding prospects through the buying process, the AE manages a pipeline of qualified leads to build relationships with potential customers whilst working with existing key accounts to retain and grow their business. They secure deals with new and existing customers at or above goal, working cross-functionally with marketing, sales and product teams to develop sales strategies for new and existing products.
The AE is laser-focused on solution-based sales, uncovering complexities and unnecessary costs in our prospects building information processes, addressed through Operances’ innovative software and services.
We are looking for a competitive, high-energy, motivated individual, who enjoys a challenge whilst acting with integrity at all times to join our sales team, the engine that drives growth of Operance across the UK and beyond.
Working alongside the marketing development representative (MDR), sales development representative (SDR) and other account executives, the AE works to constantly innovate and refine our sales and customer account management approach to increase sales orders and revenue.
With a focus on working to people’s specialisms and strengths, each area of the team has it own roles: from prospecting to acquisition and activation, they own their market segments, are passionate about Operance, and use their know-how to grow our customer base at breakneck speed.
We believe in empowering our people in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone to own their story and their successes – working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine, you have a real opportunity to make a difference.
Led by our CPO, responsible for Product, Marketing and Sales, this is a great opportunity to work closely with our cofounder to showcase your skills, form a clear path of personal development and growth and stamp your own personality on a high-growth business.
- Sales planning: development and presentation of business case proposals on suggested new target sectors.
- Establish new accounts: bringing in new business, AEs use their sales knowledge and prospecting skills to attract new clients and create more business for the company, timing the acquisition of new client accounts and projects accordingly with expiring accounts to offset dips in revenue.
- Grow accounts: working with existing key accounts to retain and grow their business by identifying gaps and growth potential, navigating existing accounts and meeting customer needs when they express interest, creating new opportunities.
- Meet targets: individual AE goals based on sales performance and account retention and growth, securing deals with new and existing customers at or above goal and in line with overall sales team objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Competitor management: strategic thinking in order to grow accounts and stay one step ahead of the competition, building knowledge of competitors, their offerings, relationships and goals, working with our product team to develop our USP.
- Increase customer satisfaction: seek regular customer feedback on our performance as a vendor and service provider, recording results in order to demonstrably track progress over time to understand what’s broken and how it can be fixed. The AEs goal is to make sure our customers feel heard, through being patient, listening, and taking steps forward to suggest and make improvements.
- Collecting and analysing data: managing the collection and analysis of pertinent data about the AECO (architecture, engineering, construction and operations) industry to help our company achieve the ideal service mix and set the right growth targets. Decisions about which segments and clients to target are made on informed decisions based on sound data, including information about client behavior and lifecycle, industry trends and growth potential for each new account.
- Pipeline management: expeditious management of the pipeline and qualified leads to build relationships with prospects and existing customers, educating and guiding them through the buying process. Robust information management of pipeline data to ensure our sales and our customer’s information is safe, secure, uniform and GDR compliant
- Cross-selling: primarily focussed on selling enterprise and pay-as-you-go individual licenses for our innovative building information management platform software, AEs have a secondary obligation to cross-sell our digital transformation and building information modeling services to clients that need it.
- Cross-functionality: working within their dedicated sales pod, the AE works cross-functionally to bridge the gap between marketing, sales and product to develop sales strategies for new and existing products.
- Meeting attendances: Input in the development and delivery of sales pod daily stand up (DSU) planning sessions, fortnightly sales sprints and monthly quarterly performance reviews.
Skills & Requirements
- Education: bachelor’s degree or higher in subjects such as sales management, sales promotion, sales and marketing, business administration, communications, marketing or related fields desirable.
- Sales experience: strong understanding of the sales process and knowledge of how to effectively work within a sales team/sales pod with professional hands-on experience. Qualified candidates should have a track record of results.
- Negotiation: strong negotiation skills are required in order to negotiate a new client contract or renegotiate an existing client deal.
- Communication skills: with much of their time spent talking to clients and maintaining relationships, excellent communication skills are required in order to clearly communicate verbally and in written form to a wide variety of audiences.
- Pipeline management: responsible for managing multiple client accounts, applicants must be able to track and execute deliverables efficiently across timelines.
- Leadership and management skills: Individuals in this role are often tasked with managing a team of junior and mid-level account executives. With this in mind, they should have some leadership experience or express a willingness to participate in management training to refine their leadership skills. As a manager, senior account executives should be able to coach and mentor those on their team, empowering them to reach their goals and offering solutions to support their development.
- Analytical skills: Senior account executives are often tasked with working with sales leaders to set and track appropriate targets for their team. To do so, they must be able to read and interpret relevant data to understand their team’s performance and forecast suitable goals.
- Problem-solving skills: whether they are on point for helping a client resolve an issue, or need to handle a personnel matter within their sales pod, account executives need to be creative, effective problem-solvers, being curious, proactive, and strategic in their approach.
We love working with people that are curious, honest, innovative, personable and selfless above all else, we feel it is very important to encourage the following behaviours too:
- Regularly learns and implements new skills.
- Makes decisions through evidence.
- Generates digital assets.
- Solves problems with solutions.
What you get back
- Full-time salary of £40k-£50k per year dependent upon experience.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Business delivery-related expenses.
- A generous 28 days paid leave plus the statutory bank holidays.
- ⏰ Flexibility: work flexible hours to suit you.
- 👨🌾 Pension: Smart pension with 3% employer contribution fully managed and available online.
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We know it is not all about money but we value and appreciate what you do.
- 📍 Location: remote first – manage your work/life balance by working from home, your favourite cafe, hotel, campervan, one of our many UK satellite office spaces or at our C4DI Tech Campus headquarters in the vibrant Fruit Market – it’s up to you!
- 😎 Be part of something amazing: as part of a small, fast-growing funded venture you will help shape the future of!
If you meet the criteria above, fill in the above right boxes and send us your CV, we will be in touch with you ASAP.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application! 😊
*We politely ask that employment agencies/recruiters DO NOT apply and DO NOT contact us about this role*