About the Role
Start Date: A.S.A.P.
Salary: £27,000 – £32,000
The successful candidate will be an important member of our software development team working on our bespoke software products running on Android, Mobile, and the Web via the Flutter multi-platform framework.
You will be developing innovative software solutions to tackle important problems facing the construction industry. You will work as part of a high-performance agile team alongside our lead developer, designer, and product owner to regularly deliver high-quality software.
The role requires that you play a part supporting the entire application life-cycle including concept, design, test, release, and support.
The successful candidate will have prior knowledge and experience of working in a successful agile team and will play an important role in helping to refine our process and best practice and can have a say on the tools, platforms, and even languages that we use!
There is a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of creative freedom and chance to express yourself, grow and learn which makes for a truly gratifying experience.
- Produce functional, high-quality/clean code from written specifications
- Troubleshoot and debug existing code to produce fixes and optimisations
- Write unit and widget (UI) tests to run as part of the automated CI/CD pipeline
- Support the full application life-cycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Performing peer reviews on code and documentation
- Participate in agile (Scrum) ceremonies such as daily standup, sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives, and show and tell.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of front-end development experience
- Track record of delivering complete, medium-sized projects
- Version Control with Git
- Scrum Agile Methodology and associated project management tools
- Unit Testing and TDD
- Appreciation and implementation of Clean Code
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) including abstraction, polymorphism and patterns such as factories, decorators, and dependency injection
- Knowledge of front-end security considerations such as those outlined on the OWASP top 10
We are a growing tech startup that began life as a BIM consultancy and is now spreading its tech wings with a number of software products under the “Operance” brand. This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with us and are looking for the right person to help us do so successfully.
Operance is created by Bimsense located at the C4DI Hull Tech Campus in the lively Fruit Market along with many other tech startups, entrepreneurs, and established tech businesses. It is a bustling community of likeminded individuals and a great place to work, learn and grow, or just talk tech over a coffee.
- Flexibility – work flexible hours to suit you.
- Remote working – Ability to work from home to help manage your work/life balance.
- Pension – Smart pension with 3% employer contribution fully managed and available online.
- Location – The office is located at the C4DI Tech Campus in the vibrant Fruit Market ideal for socialising and has Nibble café (top-5 rated in Hull on Trip Advisor) and Berts Pizza right outside the building!
- Competitive Salary – We know it is not all about money but we value and appreciate what you do!
- Be part of something amazing – As part of a small business, you will help shape what it will become and how it grows which is really exciting!
You should have a healthy interest in new technologies, especially cloud services. If you are already familiar with any of the technologies we use then that is a real advantage but this is here to show some of the modern technologies we work with day-to-day:
- Amazon Web Services
- Cognito Authentication
- Lambda Functions
- DynamoDB (NoSQL)
- PostgreSQL RDS (Relational Database Service)
- Docker ECS (Elastic Container Service)
- AppSync GraphQL
- Dart – Flutter framework for multi-platform development
- Python – Data-driven API, ML, and AI (Tensorflow 2)
- PHP for our public-facing websites
- NodeJS – Lambda functions
- Management Tools
- Jira – Project Management
- Bitbucket – Source control with git
- Confluence – Documentation
- Slack – Internal Communication
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application!
Tim Mutlow, Operance CTO.