About the Role
Start Date: February – March 2021
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
We politely ask that employment agencies/recruiters DO NOT apply and DO NOT contact us about this role.
This is a role for a self-motivated Assistant BIM Manager who wants to progress in their career as a BIM Manager. You will be working with established BIM/digital innovators and pioneers as an integral part of our small and agile, yet growing, team.
Following investment, rapid growth and a strong pipeline of work, Bimsense has evolved into Operance, a turnkey professional services and software provider. First and foremost we are a digital business providing digital solutions for our customers and our business processes.
Based at the Centre for Digital Innovation [C4DI] situated in Hull’s tech and social-driven Fruit Market district, Operance has a bold vision for organising the world’s building information to create safer, more efficient environments. We help our customers do this by digitising their businesses, projects and estates building information through our 4-key solutions:
- OPERANCE DX – Digital transformation services to help clients define their digital estates and smart building ambitions before developing and delivering digital initiatives.
- OPERANCE BIM – Delivery of BIM implementation and accreditation, management, coordination, and information management services to curate digital as-planned, as-designed and as-built information.
- OPERANCE O&M – Our innovative web-application and document control resource to coordinate O&M asset management and ‘golden thread’ building safety and fire safety information.
- OPERANCE FM – Our easy-to-use mobile-app enabling owners, operators, and occupiers to search, share, edit, update and utilise digital building information to operate and maintain their facilities.
- Development and maintenance of key BIM process documents such as OIR, AIR and EIR.
- Prepare BIM execution plans and project specific training documentation.
- Proficient use of BIM authoring tools to provide technical support and mentoring required to the project team.
- Graphical and non-graphical (data) model auditing and reporting using our Operance tools.
- Organise, chair and minute BIM project-related meetings and workshops.
- Preparation, production and transfer of COBie Data deliverables.
- Interface with all project stakeholders to ensure that data is exchanged effectively and in formats that support their onward purpose.
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
- Client team, project team and supply chain training and support.
- Engaging with clients and asset owning organisations to identify, explore and challenge their Information Management requirements.
What you get back
- Full-time salary of £25k-£30k per year dependent upon experience.
- Business delivery-related expenses.
- 28 days paid leave plus the statutory bank holidays.
- Flexibility – work flexible hours to suit you.
- Remote working – Ability to work from home to help manage your work/life balance.
- Pension – Smart pension with 3% employer contribution fully managed and available online.
- Location – The office is located at the C4DI Tech Campus in the vibrant Fruit Market ideal for socialising and has Nibble café (top-5 rated in Hull on Trip Advisor) and Berts Pizza right outside the building!
- Competitive Salary – We know it is not all about money but we value and appreciate what you do!
- Be part of something amazing – As part of a small business, you will help shape what it will become and how it grows which is really exciting!
About the Applicant
We love working with people that are curious, honest, innovative, personable and selfless above all else, but also appreciate the following abilities to;
- Regularly learn and implement new skills.
- Make decisions through evidence.
- Stand on the shoulders of giants.
- Generate digital assets.
- Solve problems with solutions.
- Fail with a feeling of learning and experience, not failure.
Degree level qualification, or equivalent demonstrable experience, in Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline desirable.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record working on PAS1192 and ISO 19650 projects.
- Knowledge of Solibri and Autodesk Revit desirable but not necessary.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Good knowledge of latest trends in digital construction technology.
- Sound technical understanding of UK construction processes, procedures, rules and regulations
- Competent skills in project management.
- Proficient document and report writing.
- Basic knowledge of coding and data science an advantage but not necessary.
- A curious, innovative nature with a desire to learn and constantly improve necessary.
If you meet the criteria above, fill in the above right boxes and send us your CV, we will be in touch with you ASAP.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Employment agencies/recruiters need not apply and we politely ask that you do not contact us about this role.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by you and when they’ve successfully completed their probation period.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application! 😊